An issue have been seen on the print management for the print jobs sent to a Gespage virtual queue, if the Micorosft server is up to date with the Micorosft update from 13st July 2022, the users have an error message on their computer when the print job is launched and the print job doesn't appear in Gespage.
This problem come from an issue while deleting spool files after their release on the Microsoft spool directory.
When the Microsoft spool directory is full, the print spooler doesn't accept other print jobs on the virtual queue.
A new Gespage Agent version is now release to enforce the spool deletion after their release.
To update your Gespage Agent version, please follow the steps below:
- get the zip file attached, and extract the file to obtain the file GespageWindowsAgent64.exe
- ensure that the Gespage server is up to date with at least the version 8.2.5. Else update Gespage.
- stop the print spooler and Gespage Print services.
- in the directory C:\program\Gespage\GespageCore\replace the file GespageWindowsAgent64.exe by the new one. Be careful: save the old file by simply rename its extension to GespageWindowsAgent64.ORI
- delete all the spool file under the directory C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\
- restart the print spooler and Gespage Print services