Add a printer :
To add a printer managed by Gespage under Mac, you must add an IP printer with the LPD protocol :
The information must be filled in as below:
Address: IP address of the Server where the Gespage service is installed.
Protocol: Leave the value on LPD.
Queue: Name of the printer as it appears in Gespage. (Attention this parameter is case sensitive)
Name: The name of the printer displayed on the MAC workstation.
Use : Install the desired driver on the workstation.
On the server where the printer is installed, LPD/LPR printing capabilities must be installed.
On a Windows server, the LPR Role must be enabled.
On a classic Windows, the functionality must be activated in the control panel and the add/remove menu of Windows programs and functionalities.
Installation of the MAC popup :
- Copy the file "Gespagepopup.app": in Applications.
then go to :
GespagePopupApp (in Applications)
- Change the IP address to the one where your Gespage is installed:
(You can access it by right-clicking and selecting 'View Package Contents').
- Give the root user of the machine the right to execute the popup:
"Be in the command line folder to perform the following commands " :
sudo chown -R root:wheel GespagePopup.app
sudo chmod -R 755 GespagePopup.app
- Launch application at startup (System Preferences > Users and Groups > Opening)
- The file GespagePopup.plist needs to be pasted into :
With the following command (go to the folder where the file GespagePopup.plist is located and type the following command):
sudo mv GespagePopup.plist /Library/LaunchAgents
- Troubleshooting GespagePopup:
- If the Popup does not start, check that the execution right is configured on all files in GespagePopup.app with the terminal.
- After launching the popup, check that the popup status is green (indicating a good connection to the server).
- If the popup does not open when printing, check that the printout has been received by the Gespage server (Gespage monitoring menu).